Port Engineer - Mackay based (3 Year Contract) - [Archived Advertisement]
North QLD Bulk Ports Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Port Engineer - Mackay based (3 Year Contract)
North Queensland Bulk Ports NQBP is one of Australia's largest port authorities (by tonnage throughput). More than half of Queensland's trade, by tonnage, passes through its ports of Weipa, Abbot Point, Mackay and Hay Point. NQBP has offices in both Brisbane and Mackay with a workforce of approximately 120 employees
There is an opportunity for an experienced and motivated Port Engineer to join NQBP's Engineering and Development team. This contract role will be responsible for ensuring the assets needed for optimising port activities are always in operable and optimal condition. This is done by ensuring regular inspections occur and required maintenance is undertaken at appropriate times to provide the best value and longest life for our assets.
Reporting to the Asset Manager, some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Planning and coordinating maintenance activities to ensure the use of and lifespan is maximised of all NQBP assets
- Analysing the asset information to ensure optimum use of the maintenance budgets for strategic port assets
- Detailing engineering inspection, auditing and investigation of assets to ensure regularity compliance, suitability, condition and optimum use of the assets results in its availably to NQBP and its customers
- Providing design and general engineering services to NQBP and its external and internal customers in a sustainable, cost effective customer focussed manner
- Working with Project Engineers to ensure that all project works have considered the life cycle cost of new assets and the optimum design considering the maintenance of the asset over its life.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this opportunity you must hold a relevant Engineering degree; a valid Queensland driver's licence (or equivalent) and be able to demonstrate experience in:
- Marine, Coastal and/ or Port Engineering
- Maintenance of steel and concrete structures
- Inspection and investigation of assets
- Durability in assets
- Project Delivery
- Using innovation and analytical skills to generate viable options and develop solutions to diverse engineering issues and take responsibility for outcomes
- Working effectively with minimal supervision, controlling workflow and organising work tasks to meet deadlines and achieve quality work outcomes
- Maintaining confidentiality and consulting, negotiating and providing information and advice to a wide range of internal and external clients, both orally and in writing.
People enjoy working at NQBP because it is dynamic and interesting. We have a team of diverse professionals who are committed to our values of we care, we think customer, we get on with it, we do the right thing, we lead the way and we are one team. Our employees pursue a high standard of environmental guardianship, performance and management, both of our own activities and those of commercial partners.
Special Role Requirements
The successful applicant will be required to pass a full medical assessment, including drug and alcohol test, and provide proof of mandatory qualifications and eligibility to work in Australia.
If you are interested in this position based in Mackay, please apply via www.seek.com.au with a cover letter outlining why you are the best candidate for the role and a copy of your resume by 9am, Wednesday 26 July 2017.
A full position description can be requested by email@example.com.
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jul 2017
- QLD - Mackay
- Work Type: