About the role
The role of Research specialist is to develop and extract value from the broad range of research activities contained within the research portfolio and Research Division's operating plan. The role sits within the Insights & Innovation Business Unit. The Research Division is responsible for the governance of research activities, research strategy and planning, and research translation and partnerships.
This is a critical role that works closely with senior members of the research team and key stakeholders. The research portfolio provides knowledge and evidence to all parts of WorkSafe to support strategic and transformation activities related to WorkSafe 2030 - enabling WorkSafe to be a prevention-led and client centered organisation. Occasional travel may be required.
Some key accountabilities;
- Monitors performance of research providers.
- Responsible for driving visibility of the Research team across WorkSafe (i.e. regularly attending leadership meetings, organising events for awareness and knowledge sharing) for a portfolio of approximately 35 research projects annually
- Responsible for understanding and scoping research requirements internally, and supporting delivery.
- Responsible for managing and undertaking end-to-end project development across approximately 30 diverse projects of various levels of complexity annually.
- Holds deep expertise in designing, managing and evaluating research of different scales, types and complexity, measuring research impacts and benefits.
- Responsible for extracting and mobilising strategic research insights and supporting active translation and application by internal stakeholders.
- Liaise and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful outcomes
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.WorkSafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced research specialist who can critically appraise research, use analytical skills, and communicate research findings to various audiences. You will have strong project management, time management and interpersonal skills and will communicate effectively with key internal stakeholders and research providers.
More specifically you will have;
- Demonstrated ability to design research that is fit for purpose
- Experience in procuring research services through tendering, contracting and quotations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, liaise and negotiate effectively with internal stakeholders and research providers
- Ability to develop a number of projects at one time, by managing multiple timelines, required tasks and changing priorities
- Demonstrated application of qualitative, quantitative and/or evaluative research skills, applied in various research contexts
- Demonstrated use of technical skills to develop applied, solutions-focused research projects
- Proven ability to translate research findings and extract knowledge and insights for use by decision makers and to have impact
- Strong presentation and writing skills, attention to detail and well developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as required to achieve requirements
- A relevant post-graduate qualification and experience in a similar role.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Monday 13th of April . Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and/or Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Ilona Russell on 03 4243 8818.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community's high expectations in relation to managing the workers' compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030's prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.