At WorkSafe, we’re passionate about our vision for a safer Victoria. Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds, and the breadth of their experience means we can have a meaningful impact on individual workers’ lives.
Founded on care and driven by collaboration, our Health and Safety Business Unit is committed to returning Victorian workers home safely every day. We’re growing our team of Health & Safety Inspectors with people whose expertise, insight and drive will help us reach our goals for a safer Victoria. You will be a safety leader - the face of WorkSafe - providing compliance advice, education and guidance to workplaces. You will build positive relationships with Victorian industries and the wider community.
We’re looking for people who share this passion and have practical knowledge and experience in occupational health and safety. While not mandatory, we are particularly interested in people with experience in health, manufacturing and logistics, agriculture, and construction.
Skills & knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to educate others, resolve conflict and negotiate
- Information-gathering and investigative skills to identify key issues, resolve problems and deal with complex health and safety issues
- Sound knowledge and experience of current Victorian OHS legislation
- Adaptability to change and a resilience in adverse situations
- Ability to use technology to carry out your role in the field
- A current Victorian driver's licence.
- Technical qualification in occupational health and safety advantageous, but not mandatory
We have multiple roles across Victoria available in Melbourne CBD, Geelong, Dandenong, Mulgrave, Wangaratta and Shepparton. If you are interested in any of these locations please apply to this advertisement.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Medical Assessment as part of the recruitment process.
For more information on becoming an inspector and the application process please visit worksafe.vic.gov.au/careers. If you require further information please contact Slade on (03) 9235-5136 or email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday 1 March 2017. Get your applications in early!
Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community