Committee Research Officer - Parliament of NSW - [Archived Advertisement]
Parliament of New South Wales (View other jobs from this organisation)
Committee Research Officer - Parliament of NSW - Sydney
• $97,152 - $107,541 per annum (Clerk Grade 7/8), plus employers contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
• NSW Parliament, Sydney CBD
The Department of the Legislative Assembly supports the Legislative Assembly, Committees and members to fulfil their parliamentary responsibilities – both within Parliament and in their electorates.
Members of both the Legislative Assembly and the Legislative Council conduct in-depth studies of important issues through parliamentary committee inquiries. The Committees Office provides research, procedural advice and secretariat support to the Legislative Assembly committees to fulfil their functions and to facilitate the conduct of parliamentary committee inquiries.
About the position
Committee Research Officers provide research and analysis on complex issues and prepare reports and other materials to assist in the conduct of committee inquiries within the terms of reference. The role also researches and prepares documentation on procedural matters to support the orderly and efficient conduct of committee proceedings.
How to apply
To apply for this position please attach to your application:
• Your up-to-date resume [maximum five pages] which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this position, and
• Your response [maximum two pages] to the targeted questions below.
Your resume and response to the following targeted questions will be the initial assessment method used to determine your suitability for this position compared to other applicants. Applications that do not include a response to the targeted questions cannot be comparatively assessed and are unlikely to progress to the next stage of assessment.
1. Give a workplace example of where you have used your research, analysis and writing skills to present a convincing argument.
2. Provide a workplace example of where you have used your project management skills to complete a number of tasks which have competing priorities and deadlines.
Electronic attachments must be MS Word compatible or in pdf format.
Technical assistance: Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact ‘I work for NSW’ helpdesk 1800 562 679 (Monday - Friday).
Applications must be lodged online through http://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/
Job Reference: 00007TK6
CLOSING DATE: Sunday, 26 July 2020 [11.59pm]
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jul 2020
- NSW - Sydney
- Maximum total remuneration package $119,209 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time