Communications Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Victoria Police (View other jobs from this organisation)
- VPSG5 range $90,890 - $109,969 p.a. + super + leave loading
- Full time fixed term (until 06/06/18)
- Working within the Media Division, Media and Corporate Communications Department located at the Victoria Police Centre, 637 Flinders St, Docklands 3008*
About the role:
The VPSG5 Communications Manager will have a key role leading a team in the development and implementation of media and communications strategies that support Victoria Police's role in serving the community and promoting a safe, secure and orderly society.
Some of your duties will include:
- Leading a team in the delivery of proactive media and communications strategies that actively promote and drive timely communication
- Providing expert advice and guidance to the Chief Commissioner and members of Victoria Police Command on media and communications issues and plans
- Building strong networks with key internal and external stakeholders, including members of the media
- Researching, developing and overseeing the preparation of media releases, strategies, briefing notes, and other communications materials as required
As the successful applicant, you will have:
- A demonstrated record of achievement at a senior level in a communications, public relations or journalism role
- A demonstrated ability to manage a team in an issues rich environment
- A demonstrated ability to deliver successful communication strategies and manage stakeholder issues
- A strong understanding of the media environment
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships, anticipate and address emerging issues and negotiate with senior management in order to achieve long term strategic organisation goals
- Highly developed research and writing skills and demonstrated ability to present complex information clearly and concisely
Requirements and relevant information:
*Your usual place of work will be within the Media Branch, Media and Corporate Communications Department, however you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
How to Apply
Please click the “Apply Now” button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
Applicants MUST address the full key selection criteria and include a resume within their application.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Charlie Morton on (03) 9247 5225 or via email Charles.email@example.com.
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on “Apply Now” to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Sunday 21st May
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Closing Date:
- 21 May 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- $90,890 - $109,969 p.a. + super
- Work Type:
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation