Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion. Powerlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An opportunity now exists for a customer focused Project Co-ordinator to join a maturing PMO that enables the delivery of a portfolio of IT project and programs. While also taking accountability to deliver on time, on budget, outcome focused minor works initiatives.
With a high level of autonomy, this role is best suited to a motivated, high energy Project Co-ordinator who has a strong background in project or PMO administration with a focus on cost and procurement management tasks.
You will need strong communication skills and are able to effectively provide administrative and coordination support and manage a variety of stakeholders.
To be successful in the role you will have
- Strong Project Administration and/or Co-ordination experience
- Sound understanding of project methodologies including Prince2 or PMBOK
- Sound understanding of project governance activities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised and manage time effectively
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills to ensure productive interaction for teams and stakeholders
- SAP – Accounting and or Project (or similar) experience
- The ability to work in a flux environment that focuses on continuous improvements
- Experience navigating government procurement processes
Key accountabilities will include:
- Financial administration of IT Projects, incl. supporting project budgets, process invoicing, accrual requests
- Facilitate the procurement process for projects, including purchasing support
- Facilitate project resource on-boarding, training and induction and renewal process
- Support Project reporting incl. collection, collation, and distribution of portfolio, program and project data
- Creating and/or maintaining PMO Process documentation including PMO templates
- Establishment and facilitation of portfolio board meetings
- Advise and support program and project managers on the delivery framework for IT Projects
- Deliver on time, on budget, quality outcome driven ‘minor works’ initiatives.
A great opportunity to be a pivotal part of an IT PMO that is focused on continual improvement and driving efficient program and project management practices.
Competitive remuneration, attractive benefits and opportunities for career development
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit an application by clicking the “apply now” button.
Applications close 8:00am Tuesday, 28 January 2020.
For further information about this opportunity please contact Powerlink’s recruitment team at email@example.com
At Powerlink we are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.