Ambulance Victoria (AV) is seeking an experienced Project Manager to work in the Transformation and Strategy Division's ICT Governance.
This is a full-time, fixed term role until June 2021. The position is located at our Blackburn North business centre, however the successful candidate will work from home for the foreseeable future.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to manage the end to end delivery of ICT Capital Investments projects from the Infrastructure, Digital and Cyber Security programs.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager ICT Operations, the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement and manage AV ICT Capital Investment projects in alignment with overarching AV project management and change management frameworks and methodologies.
- Identify, manage, escalate and resolve project risks and issues.
- Manage all day to day operational project aspects (scope, schedule, risks, issues, analysis, resources, budget and reporting).
- Gather, analyse and interpret data to support project activities and objectives.
- Develop and maintain trusted, credible and effective relationships within AV and with key stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure effective working relationships are built and maintained with key project stakeholders, ensuring clear communication and timely resolution of issues.
- Create detailed project plans, project timelines and expenditure forecasting, as well as managing functional expenditure.
This role will suit you if you have proven experience in establishing and managing ICT transformation or migration projects for large, complex service delivery organisations with multiple stakeholders and management of effective vendor relationships, a relevant certification, with exposure to a variety of project management methodologies.
What you will bring
- Extensive experience in stakeholder consultation and facilitation with a track record in delivering high quality advice and solutions to a range of stakeholders in both corporate and operational capacity.
- Demonstrated understanding of project and/or program management methodologies and change management methodologies with evidence of good project governance practice, public sector knowledge would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated Experience in managing projects in two of the following areas - Infrastructure, Workstation Upgrades and Cyber Security projects.
- Exceptional writing skills to prepare proposals and reports, briefing notes, business cases and other project documentation.
- Conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Proficient skills in Microsoft products (e.g. Office 365, MS Project, Sharepoint and Excel)
Finally, you will be a confident communicator with strong interpersonal and influencing skills, capable of influencing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Successful applicants will be required to make a Statutory Declaration and undertake an Australian National Criminal Check in conjunction with other pre-employment checks.
What's in it for you?
Salary packaging and other benefits are available, including free parking. Ambulance Victoria offers fair employment and career opportunities.
Aiming to attract a diverse pool of applicants, AV focuses on the genuine and essential requirements of the job and being consistent and fair in the treatment of applicants.
This position is graded at AV5. The salary range for an AV5 position is $119,839 to $141,669 plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade.
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above position are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read ‘Applying for a Position with Ambulance Victoria. For any queries, please email email@example.com or contact us on 9840 3653.
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
• A cover letter
• A resume
• A document addressing the selection criteria
We request that all applications are submitted on or before 5pm Friday 29th January 2021 by clicking on ‘Apply Online' below.
Applications must be submitted via the AV Careers Centre website https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.au/ to be considered.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"