The Operational Improvement Division of Ambulance Victoria (AV) was set up to identify opportunities for improvement in clinical/quality management, dispatch grid, logistics, technology, and systems as well as developing best operational practices to ensure more efficient and effective service delivery across AV state-wide.
The team is now looking for a professional and experienced Project Manager to join them in a permanent, full-time capacity, based in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. At the present time, this role will be performed on a work from home basis, following current advice from the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
This is an opportunity for an experienced generalist Project Manager to work across a variety of interesting projects and contribute to making a difference for our community.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Program Manager, the responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing projects using the AV Project Management Framework and associated templates and procedures, to meet desired time, budget, compliance, and quality objectives
- Presenting findings and reports to key stakeholders, including Steering Committee members
- Identifying, managing, escalating, and resolving project risks and issues in line with the AV Risk Management Framework and AV Project Management Framework
- Developing strong working relationships with project stakeholders, ensuring clear communication and timely resolution of issues
- Managing dedicated and non-dedicated project resources e.g. Subject Matter Experts, Working Groups, to achieve project outcomes
- Creating detailed project plans, including a project timeline and proposed budget for approval by key stakeholders
- Depending on project size and complexity, managing one or more projects
To be considered for this position, you will have proven experience in in managing complex projects/programs with multiple stakeholders, a relevant certification, with exposure to a variety of project management methodologies. Ideally you will have worked on projects in emergency services, health, and/or a government environment.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Proven experience in the management of projects/programs across a range of sizes, complexity, methodologies, and content areas
- Confidence to build trusted relationships with people from graduates to executives, across all areas of the organisation
- Exceptional writing skills to prepare impeccable proposals and reports, Briefing Notes, Business Cases and other project documentation; as well as effective verbal communication and presentation skills
- Conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft products (e.g. Excel, Visio, Project)
Successful applicants will need to complete a Police Check and should possess a current driver's licence, as travel within Victoria may be required.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV, you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles and other benefits, including free on-site parking.
AV has introduced salary bands and this position is graded at AV5. The AV grade salary range for an AV5 position and the salary on offer is $116,916 to $138,214 plus 9.5% superannuation. The expectation is that employees will commence at the base of the grade applicable to a position.
How to apply
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, or for any queries, please contact Ambulance Victoria's Recruitment and Selection team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning: 03 9840 3653.
To be considered for the role, applicants should read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria', prior to submitting the following documents, which will form part of the selection process:
- Cover letter
- Document addressing the key selection criteria (as detailed in the attached position description)
All applications for the Project Manager position must be submitted via the Ambulance Victoria Careers Centre website: https://careers.ambulance.vic.gov.auby 5pm, Sunday 2 August 2020.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce allows us to deliver the Best Care to the Victorian community, and helps create a healthier, more productive workplace for our people.
"Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position"