Ambulance Victoria is now seeking four enthusiastic and self-motivated Administrators to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment for a fixed-term of 6 months. Based in our Communications Centre in Burwood, the Administrative Support Officers provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Communications Department, helping to ensure that our paramedics are as well-equipped as possible to serve our community.
About the role
Reporting to the Communications Centre Manager, the main duties of the role include (but are not limited to):
- establishing and maintaining appropriate office and administrative systems;
- assisting with meal break management and end of shift management for our operational crews by way of application and monitoring of dispatch warnings via CAD;
- providing an initial point of contact for the Communications Centre by screening calls, answering radio calls from vehicles and answering routine phone enquiries from staff and the public;
- obtaining and collating appropriate and relevant information for reports;
- entering real time information into the CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system; and
- fostering constructive and effective working relationships within the Communications Centre and across the organisation.
As the Communications Centre is a 24 hour, seven day a week operation, there is a requirement to work weekends and public holidays. All applicants must also be able to work shifts between the hours of 0600 and 0200. Shifts are on a rotating basis and vary over a 5 week cyclical roster. Applicants must be available to work an average of between 23 and 26 hours per week and roster shifts will vary in length. Individual rosters will be negotiated at the time of offer.
Please note: Shift penalties will apply to evening, weekend and public holiday shifts.
Successful applicants would need to possess:
- demonstrated experience in a high level administration position;
- demonstrated experience in the development and maintenance of office and administrative systems;
- strong computer skills with MS Office and ideally Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems;
- exceptional organisation and time management skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team; and
- the ability to work in a challenging, demanding and fast paced environment.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo security checks such as a police record check.
What's in it for you?
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements and other benefits including free on-site parking.
How to apply
All applicants are requested to submit each of the following documents. These should be of a high quality as they will form an integral part of the selection process:
• A covering letter
• A resume; and
• A document addressing the selection criteria detailed in the position description.
Please ensure you read the ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria' document prior to submitting an application.
For any queries please email email@example.com or contact the Recruitment Department on 03 9840 3653.
We request that your application for the above position is forwarded by 5pm, Friday 2 November 2018 by clicking on ‘Apply Online' below.
Ambulance Victoria is an equal opportunity employer.