Manager Command Business & Assurance - [Archived Advertisement]
Fire & Rescue NSW (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Command Business & Assurance
- Manager Command Business & Assurance
- Temporary Full-Time - Clerk Grade 11/12
- Possibility to transition to an ongoing role.
- Package up to $181,614.72 pa. Package includes salary range ($139,787.00 pa to $161,663.00 pa), plus employer's contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading
- Far North Coast - Ballina
About the role:
- Manage the delivery of strategic and practical advice, recommendations, plans, systems and tools for sustained support of operational management and to ensure the cost efficient and effective administration and governance of the Area.
- Record of achievement in cost efficient and effective business administration and management.
- This position would require strong leadership skills to manage team members at different locations (Region North), be organised and the ability influence and negotiate.
- This role will also require excellent stakeholder management skills, travel when required and problem-solving ability.
- Tertiary qualifications in management/related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Valid drivers’ licence and capacity to travel within NSW
For more information on the role, please view the Role Description Manager Command Business and Assurance Clk Gr 11-12.pdf
Should you require more information about this opportunity, please contact Area Commander Region North Stephen Hirst on 0438306029
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW. We are prepared for anything – helping anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Visit our Careers Page to learn more about Fire and Rescue NSW.
What we can offer:
- Work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- Modern buildings and facilities
- Activity based working environment
- Free on-site gym and parking
- Partnership with Fitness Passport for ongoing staff and their families to access more than 390 gyms and pools at a discounted rate
- Study assistance for approved courses
- Leadership development programs
- Ongoing training and development
Our commitment to diversity:
Great people come from all walks of life and at Fire and Rescue NSW we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community we serve.
We welcome people with diverse experience, skills and backgrounds, and encourage applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples, individuals who identify as LGBTIQ, people with disability, people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of all ages.
If you are a person with disability and require specific arrangements to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the FRNSW Talent Acquisition Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
To be considered for this role, please provide a cover letter and an up-to-date resume which details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
Please answer the following two targeted questions. It is recommended you draft your responses in a Word document then paste into the required field in the online application.
- Provide an example that details your experience operating in an environment governed by legislation and regulations. Your example should include the provision of financial and human resources advice, strategic and analytical reporting, and support at an executive level. (maximum 1 page).
- The role manages a diverse team in the delivery and implementation of business processes and improvement strategies across the Field Operations Directorate. Provide an example that demonstrates your ability to manage teams during high pressure situations and completing priorities, whilst ensuring business continuity and objectives were met? (Maximum 1 page.)
Visit the PSC website for helpful information on writing your application: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/writing-your-application
Applications close: 28 November 2023
A talent pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type which become available over the next 18 months.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Nov 2023
- NSW - Ballina
- Package up to $181,614.72 pa
- Work Type:
- Full Time