Operations Communications - Technical Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Victoria State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Operations Communications - Technical Officer
Operational Communications - Technical Officer - Full Time - Fixed Term
- $72,884 - $78,418 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Exciting Opportunity
- Dynamic Organisation
About the SES
Victoria State Emergency Service (SES) is the control agency during emergency response to flood, severe storm, earthquake and tsunami in Victoria, and is the largest provider of road rescue in the state.
We offer flexible working arrangements, opportunities to be involved in a fantastic range of health and wellbeing programs and access to various recognition programs.
The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate and provide preventative maintenance, break/fix repair and expert technical advice to VICSES Members and Incident Management Teams across Victoria.
This role will ensure that VICSES' operational communication systems are deployed and maintained and that comprehensive operational plans are in place that support state-wide emergency response operations.
This role requires travel (by VICSES-owned vehicle) within the State. Travel to some locations and/or duties may necessitate an overnight stay.
This position is based at the VICSES Sunshine Complex, located in Sunshine West, VIC, 3020.
Your accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure SES operational communications meet SES emergency response requirements byconducting and reporting on preventative maintenance for Operational Communications equipment installed in vehicles, vessels, headquarters and remote repeater sites.
- Utilise technical fault finding methodology and recommend resource allocation and priority for rectifying complex equipment and network faults in operational communication located across Victoria.
- Work proactively with Units and Regions to determine, review and maintain operational service delivery communications plans. Assist units to adapt to policy and process changes.
- Contribute to planning of communications enhancement projects by sharing knowledge and experience, and by providing feedback obtained through user engagement
You will have:
- Demonstrated skills in fault diagnosis and service restoration in radio communications systems equipment or in equipment of a similar complexity. (mandatory)
- Sound written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to write documents in relation to technical investigations or projects. (mandatory)
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel programs. (mandatory)
- A full Victorian drivers licence. (mandatory)
- Victorian medium truck drivers licence. (highly desirable)
- Skills in the development and/or installation and commissioning of communications technologies. (highly desirable)
- Forklift licence (highly desirable)
- Current Victoria Licence
Closing Date: 23 August 2017
Contact: - Andrew Morrison - Manager Operational Communications (03) 9256 9057
For Further Information and to Apply: Please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au and search for position number VG/SES434
Your application should include a covering letter that details your relevant skills and experience (maximum two pages) and an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages.
You are NOT required to submit a claim for the position that explicitly addresses key selection criteria.
- Closing Date:
- 23 Aug 2017
- VIC - Sunshine
- $72,884 - $78,418
- Work Type:
Communications, Engagement & Facilitation