Regional Officer - Training - [Archived Advertisement]
Victoria State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Regional Officer - Training
Regional Officer Training In Warrnambool Or Hamilton Office
This role will implement competency based training and assessment programs, provide delivery, support and coaching to volunteer trainers/assessors, monitor the performance of contracted training providers and maintain volunteer training and assessment records to meet SES RTO compliance and SES OHS standards.
Exciting opportunity with a community based organisation
Be part of the change to your community
$78,773 - $89,375 + 9.5% Superannuation + 15% Commuted Allowance
Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES) is the control agency during emergency response to flood, severe storm, earthquake and tsunami in Victoria, and is the largest provider of road crash rescue in the state.
This role will require you to enhance SES operational capability and capacity by delivering necessary components from the Public Safety Training packages to volunteer members. Your tasks will also include but are not limited to;
- Ensuring SES maintains a standard of best practice by coordinating and applying contemporary vocational and education training and assessment strategies to ensure volunteers are fully equipped for operational readiness.
- Contributing to the Region's ability to provide an appropriate response capacity by providing moderation and coaching on training delivery to build the capability of the volunteer trainers.
- Building the regions capability and capacity by supporting the Unit leadership in developing the annual Unit Training plan, providing regular coaching and advice to the volunteer trainers and assessors.
You will need to possess a flexible and solution focused approach, with the ability to balance competing demands, and to coach and influence volunteer and employees line managers to assist them to lead their members towards VICSES' goals.
The successful incumbent will actively perform the Regional Duty Officer function, undertaking operational command, control and coordination functions during specific local, regional and/or state wide operations ensuring the appropriate advice, support and allocation of resources for emergency response is available to staff and volunteers.
Successful candidates must possess:
- Certificate IV (Training and Assessment) or equivalent qualification
- A sound knowledge of, and experience in working within a national competency based training framework environment
- Victorian drivers licence
- Sound written and communication skills, including public speaking, and a high level of negotiation and facilitation skills
Closing Date: 30 May 2017
Contact: Alistair Drayton, Regional Manager (03) 9256 9630
The preferred candidate will be required to complete a psychometric test as part of the selection process.
Your application should include a covering letter that details your relevant skills and experience (maximum two pages) and an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages. You are NOT required to submit a claim for the position that explicitly addresses key selection criteria.
- Closing Date:
- 30 May 2017
- $78,773 - $89,375 + 9.5% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time