Here at Queensland Rail we are looking to do things differently, we are open to innovation and new ways of thinking. This is an excellent opportunity to join our ICT Architecture and Solutions team as we evolve to meet future business requirements. The Manager ICT Architecture will play an integral role in defining future state outcomes as well as creating and leading roadmaps and strategies to deliver these outcomes.
This is an opportunity for an innovative and experienced ICT Architecture professional to influence the definition and implementation of Queensland Rail’s ICT Architecture, ensuring its alignment to our overarching ICT strategy. You will need to have an established background or strong understanding of Security, Application and Technology Architecture.
As an engaging, confident communicator you will be comfortable with facilitating and guiding internal stakeholders from a non-technical background, towards the strategic direction of the business. Your technical and consultative nature will enable you to provide advice around best practice techniques and innovative solutions which accommodate our dynamic business needs.
To be considered for this role you will need the following:
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise solutions, application and integration technologies and infrastructure and how these technologies can be combined to deliver business outcomes.
- High level of skill in the development of architecture artefacts including strategies, standards, principles and patterns
- Knowledge of and experience in applying contemporary frameworks and methodologies in the development of IT architectures.
- High level of skill in developing team and individual capabilities, especially in relation to the development, documentation and communication of ICT architectures.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, with particular strengths in negotiating, influencing, facilitating and presenting information.
- High level of skill in developing effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders including key ICT clients and senior business managers, peers, staff and vendors in a changing environment.
Benefits on offer:
This salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with the preferred candidates skills and experience. As a member of Queensland Rail you will join QSuper, an industry leader in investment performance, you will gain access to income protection, TPD and Life insurance. In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days.
We are happy to discuss this opportunity further with candidates who feel they have suitable skills in this area. Please call Ellie on 07 3072 2599 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to position number 73512 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm Monday the 3rd of August 2020.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.