In this role, you will be required to provide high level human factors advice and client support to help Queensland Rail better understand and manage its safety risks. This is a permanent opportunity sitting under our Rail Safety team based in our head office in Brisbane CBD.
Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, around $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
1. Lead and project manage multi-disciplinary teams to develop innovative and cost-effective human factors solutions to complex organizational problems.
2. Apply knowledge of human factors and ergonomics to complex projects including the collection, analysis, interpretation of data and effective reporting of findings to key stakeholders.
3. Conduct human factors assessments using appropriate test/evaluation methodologies and data collection techniques.
4. Identify key human factors risks and make appropriate recommendations to middle and senior managers based on research and business needs.
5. Maintain a professional knowledge of emerging trends and developments relating to human factors.
6. Build effective relationships with key stakeholders and negotiate the provision of internal consultancy services within all functions of Queensland Rail.
What we are looking for in a successful candidate:
1. High level of skill to lead, manage, implement and evaluate multiple human factors project initiatives.
2. Substantial knowledge of human factors principles and evaluation methods, as applied to the design and operation of complex work systems.
3. Substantial consulting, negotiation and interpersonal skills in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
4. Substantial level of skill in research design, statistical analysis and reporting of research findings.
5. Substantial skill in providing a responsive internal human factors service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
6. Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviors.
We are seeking applicants who are Degree qualified in Human factors, Psychology or any related discipline and be registered with the relevant registration Board- HF & Ergonomics Society Australia HFESA
This role is suited to someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with the ability to influence stakeholders. Skill in research design, statistical analysis and reporting will ensure your success in this role. Prior experience in human factors and human-system integration will also be highly regarded.
Salary range for this role: $103,995 – $111,287 + Superannuation.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
Apply to position number 73418 & 45750 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Wednesday 5th February 2020.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity contact Colette Brock on firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please note that candidates who are invited to interview will be required to bring their original Degree certificate or a colour copy of it which has been signed by a JP. Please note that for overseas qualifications both the candidate and Queensland Rail will need to obtain confirmation that the overseas qualification or licence is recognised in Australia and is acceptable to meet the requirements of the qualification applied to the position description.