Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
We are looking for an experienced Principal SAP Solutions Architect to join our Information and Communication Technology (ICT) team based in our Brisbane CBD office on a full-time, 12-month contract. In this role you will be responsible for providing strategic and technical leadership in ICT across the design and delivery of SAP and SAP integrated solutions and projects.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive working knowledge of SAP and solutions design within the Rail Industry, is adaptable to organisational and technical changes and who has outstanding communication and stakeholder engagement skills. Some travel will be required to visit Queensland Rail sites within the wider Brisbane area from time to time.
About the role:
- Lead the design of solutions and provide high quality consulting and advisory services to solution design that may encompass SAP technologies in accordance with business requirements
- Proactively maintain the technical architecture and ensure consistency of design standards across projects and programs by working collaboratively with other ICT Architects and stakeholders
- Provide strategic technical leadership to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Queensland Rail’s SAP investment through understanding of how current and emerging capability can be leveraged to meet future business strategy and direction
- Contribute actively to a learning organisation through the development of SAP consultancy competencies by:
- Keeping abreast of the professional services market and technology advances
- Ensuring that skills and competencies are kept relevant
- Maintaining a professional network
- Apply innovative thinking to process and product improvement that develops professional consulting competencies to improve efficiency and quality of customer service
- Extensive knowledge of SAP capability and application as an ERP in large and complex organisation to support current business functions and strategic direction
- High level of skills in the design of solutions to meet business requirements consistent with best practice solution delivery framework and architecture standards
- Extensive knowledge and experience in solution design, solution lifecycle management and the development of appropriate design standards and frameworks
- High level of conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills including comprehending, synthesising and articulating complex issues
- Extensive level of skills in assessing SAP capability to harness current and emergent capability to leverage SAP to improve effectiveness of business systems
- Bachelor of Information Technology will be highly regarded
Principal SAP Solutions Architect 65597 - Position Description.pdf
This is a 12-month fixed term opportunity with the salary range between $116,425 to $124, 865 (dependent on skills and experience) + superannuation + free rail to and from work on duty days.
If this position interests, you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to position number 65597 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 7am 20th January 2020.
If you have any questions regarding this Queensland Rail opportunity, please contact Tanya Anderson on 07 3072 0806 or email@example.com. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply for this position.