Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) department is seeking to recruit a key leadership role to lead a collaborative team of ICT Architects and ICT Security professionals.
As a member of the ICT Senior leadership team you will be striving to deliver ICT architecture that is sustainable, agile, scalable and secure to address future business needs and innovative, cost-effective and efficient technology solutions that address current business needs aligned with ICT strategy.
About the role
As the Senior Manager ICT Architecture and Security, you can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Participate as a member of the ICT senior leadership team, reporting to the GM ICT and providing expertise and advice related to ICT architecture and cybersecurity.
- Lead the delivery of ICT architecture and security, including, strategic planning, roadmap development, enterprise and solution architecture, and the identification and management of technical and cyber security risk.
- Develop appropriate strategies to improve customer experience, drive operational efficiencies, improve processes.
- Establish a culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement that encourages the identification of opportunities and solutions to improve service delivery, achieve outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Provide leadership and set the strategic direction, mission and vision of the team in alignment with defined strategic and operational objectives.
- Foster a culture of accountability and success through setting clear expectations, performance targets, coaching, one on ones, providing clear and regular constructive feedback, engaging staff and regular performance reviews.
- Proactive involvement in related projects in accordance with strategic requirements and ensure that any resulting new policy and procedures are developed, documented and implemented successfully.
- Work collaboratively and constructively across peers to build trust, break down silos, discuss issues, resolve problems, and build constructive peer relationships.
The knowledge and experience best suited to the role:
- Experience leading the formulation of technology strategies and roadmaps in a large multi-faceted organisation using contemporary approaches.
- Experience leading and governing an enterprise and solution architecture practice in a large multi-faceted organisation using contemporary approaches.
- Experience leading one other core area of ICT service delivery such as applications or information with cyber security being highly desirable.
- Extensive leadership experience in dynamic and complex change environments, including leading teams through change.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment.
- Tertiary qualification in information technology, information management, business management or a related field.
- Strong communication, reasoning and stakeholder management skills including the ability to write and present at executive levels.
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to position number 67567 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 4:00pm Thursday 24th October 2019.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Rachel with your specific enquiry on 07 3072 1925 or email email@example.com
Position Description 67567 (1).pdf