We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
The purpose of this role is to provide a wide range of financial and administrative support services to enable the effective operation of the Financial Services Teams. Previous experience in third party claims and month end close processes would be beneficial.
- Facilitate third party claims processes by identifying incidents, compiling and reviewing costing information and supporting documentation.
- Provide support to the Financial Accounting Team including carrying out financial analysis, processing journals and assisting team members during month end close.
- Provide administrative support to Finance Teams including processing purchase requisitions, purchase orders, goods receipts and receiving and forwarding invoices.
- Provide support to Finance Teams to compile and maintain Portable and Attractive Items registers according to requirements.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with the Insurance Team, business contacts and management to progress and finalise third party claims according to established criteria and processes.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive registers for all third party claims for reporting purposes and respond to queries and information requests in a timely manner.
- Contribute as a team member towards achieving efficient, responsive and timely delivery of administrative support functions and document management.
- Provide any other support and assistance as directed.
This is a temporary full time, position for 12 months. The salary for this role is $78,000.00 annually + Superannuation + free rail travel.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to position number 75537 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 5pm Friday the 5th of July 2019.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Ellie with your specific enquiry via email firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.