Are you a determined and passionate leader, with a proven record in delivering customer insights and enterprise-wide strategic direction? This could be the career opportunity you have been looking for…
About Queensland Rail
Founded in 1865, with approximately 6,500 staff, around $7 billion in assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About this Role
Reporting to the Senior Manager Customer Experience, the Manager Customer Insights and Strategy will be responsible for Queensland Rail’s Customer insights plan, including market intelligence and detailed segmentation work, as well as proposals for new research channels. This will in turn provide the basis for our Enterprise Customer Strategy.
This position will sit in the Customer Experience team, which influences the delivery of excellent customer service and helps shape the strategic direction of the organisation.
Who are we looking for?
A natural leader and influencer, the Manager Customer Insights and Strategy will use data, insights, technology and innovation to transform the customer experience strategy and roadmap and play a pivotal role in building Queensland Rail’s brand as a world-class railway.
A recognised leader, you will have demonstrated effective and successful leadership at a functional level and promote a performance-focused culture, initiating and implementing change and transformation. We are looking for candidates who have proven experience in the development of Enterprise Customer Strategies in a large complex organisation. Your ability to influence change and drive performance will ensure your success in this role.
What specific skills and experience will you need?
- High level of leadership and management skills to achieve business outcomes.
- High level of skill in the development of enterprise wide strategies and programs of work.
- Extensive knowledge of customer management systems associated with the operation of Customer services to achieve commercially driven business targets, and customer service metrics.
- High level of skill in leading the research and development of Customer Insights and other relevant inputs to Customer Strategy.
- High level of interpersonal and influencing skills, including consultation, presentation, negotiation and communication skills.
- High level of conceptual, analytical and innovation problem solving skills to respond to the dynamic changing business needs.
- High level of skill in managing large, high profile multi- disciplinary projects relating to all elements, project integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, project communication, risk and procurement.
Key Selection Criteria
- Thought leader in customer experience strategy.
- Strong influencing and communication skills and ability to engage, coach and lead others at all levels to achieve customer focused outcomes.
- High level analytical and conceptual skills, including the ability to analyse information and use data to develop insights in order to build and implement a comprehensive programme of activity to deliver for the customer and Queensland Rail.
- Proven ability to drive change and successfully deliver customer experience related outcomes/projects in a large, ideally transport related, complex organisation.
- Understanding of technology (including digital) as it relates to improving and enhancing the customer experience.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to commit to, and work within Queensland Rail's values and behaviours.
PD Manager Customer Insights & Strategy.pdf
If you can demonstrate a high level of experience in the above criteria, please apply to position number 76252 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9am, 14th January 2019.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position may require shortlisted applicants to undertake online and on-site psychometric assessment and a Pre-Employment Health Assessment including Alcohol and Drug testing.