- Network Training Delivery Manager
- Permanent opportunity
- $130,000 - $155,000 + super depending on industry experience
Queensland Rail is dedicated to providing a safe, reliable, on-time, value for money and customer focused rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. Queensland Rail employs around 6500 people and has assets valued at approximately $7 billion.
This position plays a pivotal role in leading and managing the Network Learning Delivery Team to ensure the efficient and effective forecasting, planning and implementation of workforce development strategies and programs to meet all legislative, regulatory, organisational and functional obligations.
In this role you will work in partnership with our corporate L&D team in order to identify and implement training plans in line with national competencies for a diverse range of 2,500 blue and white-collar employees.
- Work with managers and HR to identify and develop strategies, policies, procedures and systems to improve the quality, consistency and compliance of workforce learning and development with the Network function;
- Identify and analyse current and future workforce capability requirements, developing appropriate strategic delivery plans;
- Lead the Network Learning Delivery Team to meet established business targets and performance measures;
- Monitor learning and competence compliance levels through regular reporting and auditing of learning data in LMS; and
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of best practice adult and vocational learning practices and processes.
What we are looking for:
- Have significant experience developing and implementing organisational strategies to build capability within a diverse, field-based workforce;
- Be skilled in applying change management approaches to delivering people-focussed initiatives;
- Be experienced in applying commercial acumen and analysis to people development projects;
- Have excellent stakeholder communication and negotiation abilities;
- Have extensive knowledge of contemporary Adult Learning and Vocational Education strategies, frameworks and theories and their application within an asset-intensive, 24/7 operating environment; and
- Be flexible, well-organised, resilient and able to prioritise multiple tasks.
Apply to position number 68129 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Tuesday 20th March 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to participate in a video interview for this position. The recruitment and selection process for this position will also require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.