We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
The purpose of this position is to act as a change agent for Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) risk. This role is to facilitate a high standard of HSE management and compliance to standards, providing direction and support to management and staff.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with a high level of technical ability in Safety and Environment who will lead and influence continuous improvement within our Safety Network Team.
Key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Facilitate the anticipation, identification, evaluation and control of HSE hazards and risks through involvement in planning, risk assessments, accident investigations, consultative arrangements and overseeing the process incident and hazard reporting.
- Develop and maintain a profile of HSE hazards and risks for your area of representation, facilitate the field level development of hazard and risk inventories and manage the scheduling of this information into the Group database.
- Consultatively facilitate the development of issue specific and systemic treatment strategies and programs for the management of HSE risk including participation in special projects to achieve compliance with legislative, Queensland Rail and Queensland Rail Services requirements.
- Monitor the effectiveness of treatment applications by conducting analysis, process review, audits, inspections and task observations. Communicate findings and recommendations to management and staff to maintain management accountability and the rigour of HSE Management System and its application.
- Facilitate the management of change on HSE strategies and issues by providing advocacy and supporting the flow of information through developing and maintaining supportive networks, including Safety Improvement Committees (SIC), management meetings, safety conferences and workgroup relationships.
- Support training and education program provision on identified core HSE topics.
- Co-ordinate occupational rehabilitation to support the timely return to work of injured employees.
- Contribute to the personal growth of yourself, other Safety Facilitators, Safety Representatives and SICs by staying abreast of contemporary HSE risk management information and trends, coaching and mentoring.
Key Selection Criteria:
- High level of skill in facilitating risk management encompassing the development and monitoring of controls and treatment programs associated with the disciplines of health, safety and environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining relationships and network supportive to the role of health, safety and environmental systems function.
- High level of skill in investigation, analysis and problem solving relating to the efficiency of management systems for health, safety and environment.
- Substantial level of skill in the management of change and facilitating the implementation of strategic interventions for health, safety and environment.
- Substantial level of skill in the programming and delivery of workplace education.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviours.
A Certificate IV in OHS or equivalent would be highly regarded.
This role requires attending callouts, working outside of normal working hours (including weekends) and travel throughout the state as well as interstate as required.
If you can demonstrate a high level of knowledge or experience in the above criteria please apply to position number 73422 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 8am, Tuesday the 16th of January 2018. If you have any questions please contact Candis on 3072 5448.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work / life balance.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.