We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Network SEQ business of Queensland Rail as a Senior Safety Coordinator. This position sits within the Safety Network team as a lead agent coordinating and implementing Queensland Rail's safety and environmental management system requirements in Network.
As a Senior Safety Coordinator your focus will be ensuring safety objectives are achieved by providing guidance, coaching, support and advice to Network management and staff. Your well-developed interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining business relationships will be essential
Additionally key responsibilities for this role are (but not limited to):
- Facilitate the anticipation, identification, evaluation and control of HSE hazards and risks through involvement in planning, risk assessments, accident investigations, consultative arrangements and overseeing the process incident and hazard reporting.
- Develop and maintain a profile of HSE hazards and risks for your area of representation, facilitate the field level development of hazard and risk inventories and manage the scheduling of this information into the Group database.
- Consultatively facilitate the development of issue specific and systemic treatment strategies and programs for the management of HSE risk including participation in special projects to achieve compliance with legislative, Queensland Rail and Queensland Rail Services requirements.
- Monitor the effectiveness of treatment applications by conducting analysis, process review, audits, inspections and task observations. Communicate findings and recommendations to management and staff to maintain management accountability and the rigour of HSE Management System and its application.
- Facilitate the management of change on HSE strategies and issues by providing advocacy and supporting the flow of information through developing and maintaining supportive networks, including Safety Improvement Committees (SIC), management meetings, safety conferences and workgroup relationships.
- Support training and education program provision on identified core HSE topics.
- Co-ordinate occupational rehabilitation to support the timely return to work of injured employees.
- Contribute to the personal growth of yourself, other Safety Facilitators, Safety Representatives and SICs by staying abreast of contemporary HSE risk management information and trends, coaching and mentoring.
This role may require attending callouts, working outside of normal working hours (including weekends) and travel throughout the state as required.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with a high level of working knowledge of Safety Management Systems and legislation relevant to Workplace Health and Safety and preferably rail safety, construction or facilities maintenance are also industries we will consider.
You will need a high level of skill in coordinating and contributing to the development and implementation of strategies and initiatives alongside strong experience in audit and investigation, analysis and problem solving relating to the effectiveness of management systems for health, safety and environment.
A tertiary qualification is desirable. Experience with electrical safety is required.
If you can demonstrate a high level of knowledge or experience in the above criteria please apply to position number 68762 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 8am, Tuesday the 16th of January 2018. If you have any questions please contact Candis on 3072 5448.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work / life balance.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.