We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
This role is responsible to ensure the systems, processes and work practices used within Citytrain Rollingstock Maintenance comply with the Electrical Safety Legislation, relevant codes of practice and the Queensland Rail Safety Environmental Management System.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform Compliance and Quality Assurance audits and inspections and provide reports to Manager Citytrain Rollingstock Maintenance detailing current state and future required state
- Conduct audits on all electrical work being carried out on Citytrain Rollingstock fleet including Electronics Room and overhead isolation activities
- Ensure that work performed on Rollingstock undergoing maintenance, modification, component exchange and repair is carried out in accordance with documented processes
- Develop work procedures, risk assessments and write work instructions that combine various elements of the scopes of works into logical work practices that incorporate safe work processes for activities that are undertaken within the Citytrain Rollingstock Maintenance Division
- Provide Technical advice and support to CRM management and respective engineers
- Develop and implement a condition monitoring system for all work practices and activities
- Actively develop and support the Business Improvement activities within the Citytrain Rollingstock Maintenance Division
- Must hold a Qld Electrical Fitter Mechanic License
This position is permanent full time based at Mayne Depot (Bowen Hills) working a standard 38 hour week (start and finish times can vary). It is being offered on a base salary of $95,805 + Superannuation + Rail Pass however there is potential to earn more with overtime.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful applicant to undertake a Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply to position number 73465 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm Tuesday 18th July 2017.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity callTali Blood on (07) 3072 1309.