Environmental Protection Specialists
Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Salary: Levels 2 - 4, $96,548 - $135,636, PSCSAA 2021
Position Number: Pool Ref 0622B
Location: Joondalup, Western Australia
The Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) Services directorate (part of Department of Water and Environmental Regulation) is establishing a pool of talented Environmental Protection Specialists who will conduct, lead and manage environmental impact assessments of significant projects and major proposals in Western Australia. These specialists will also collaborate with key stakeholders, industry and the community to develop policy, guidelines and strategic advice, and deliver high quality and timely outputs of assessments under the Western Australian Environmental Protection Act 1986.
As a member of the department, you will work in a space where you directly help protect and manage our state’s environment and contribute to developing a lowâ€‘carbon Western Australia with a healthy environment and secure water resources for the future.
Are you looking for an interesting and rewarding career in environmental protection?
We are establishing a pool of talent to conduct, lead and manage environmental impact assessments of major proposals in WA. Roles we are looking to fill include Environmental Officers (SCL2), Senior Environmental Officers (SCL3) and Principle Environmental Officers (SCL4). These roles will be based in Prime House in Joondalup, Western Australia.
Key responsibilities of these roles include:
- Conduct and lead environmental impact assessments for significant projects
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to deliver high quality and timely outputs of assessments under the Western Australian Environmental Protection Act 1986
- Lead and manage projects, and contribute to the development and implementation of policies, strategies, systems, and processes to support the functions of the EPA
- Provide detailed advice, negotiate, and liaise with industry, government, and the public on environmental matters
- Manage effective work teams and mentor staff.
As the Environmental Officer, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent scientific degree*
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience with WA environmental approval process and statutory reporting
- Knowledge of the Western Australian Environmental Protection Act 1986 is desirable.
To be eligible for appointments, applicants must have documentary evidence of entitlement to live and work in Australia for the employment period.
Relocation assistance will be considered.
Ready to make a difference?
Click the link to apply now!
For further queries, contact Ricka Bolton on (08) 6364 6661 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 4:00pm 7 July 2022 (AWST).
* Applicants may be asked to confirm and evidence degree equivalency from the issuing university. Applicants with an overseas qualification must provide a valid assessment from the Overseas Qualification Unit. For more information visit migration.wa.gov.au
- Closing Date:
- 07 Jul 2022
- WA - Joondalup
- Levels 2 - 4, $96,548 - $135,636, PSCSAA 2021
- Work Type:
- Full Time