Senior Policy Officers
Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation (DWER) is committed to ensuring Western Australia’s resources and environment are healthy and able to support a strong economy and thriving communities, now and into the future. DWER is responsible for environmental and water regulation, creating a ‘one stop shop’ for industry and developers and providing greater opportunities for streamlining and simplifying regulation.
Our values-based culture reflects who we are and how we go about business.
We care | We build trust | Better together | Open minds | We serve to make a difference
Find out more about us by visiting our website at www.dwer.wa.gov.au
DWER is currently looking to fill two (2) Senior Policy Officer positions to support and assist the Waste Authority, the Minister and the Department in relation to waste policy. The primary function of these positions is to develop and implement policies to support Western Australia’s Waste Avoidance and Resource Recovery Strategy 2030, with focus on the following portfolio areas:
- Senior Policy – PN3033839 - This opportunity is available now until 30 June 2023, with the possibility of an extension or permanency. This position is allocated the Organics (food organics, garden organics) portfolio. This portfolio is responsible for implementing projects identified in annual FOGO (food organics garden organics) rollout plans and related priority projects. This will involve close liaison with a wide range of government and industry representatives, direct exposure to the operational aspects of the industry, and will suit an individual that is able to demonstrate a high degree of autonomy. This position will be the main support resource for the Waste Authority’s FOGO Reference Group.
- Senior Policy – PN3112584 - This opportunity is available now until 30 June 2024, with the possibility of an extension or permanency. This position is allocated the Construction and Demolition (C&D) Waste portfolio. This portfolio is responsible for implementing and further developing the existing Roads to Reuse program and related priority projects. This will involve close liaison with a wide range of government and industry representatives, direct exposure to the operational aspects of the industry, and will suit an individual that is able to demonstrate a high degree of autonomy. This position will be the main support resource for the Waste Authority’s C&D Reference Group.
To be successful in these roles, you will need to demonstrate the ability and experience in developing and implementing public policy to a high standard and have previous experience in project management. Knowledge of waste and recycling policy will be well regarded.
As a department we recognise that flexible working arrangements support effective work-life balance, empowers our people and increases team productivity. We are committed to creating an equitable and diverse workforce that promotes an inclusive and supportive workplace environment. We value the unique diversity of experience that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, women and youth bring to our workforce.
For further information about the opportunity we encourage you to contact Scott McKenzie on 6364 6994 during business hours.
- 3112584 - senior policy officer - level 6.pdf
- Applicant Info Pack Version 3.pdf
How to apply
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this opportunity, please apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for Job’ button below or located in the following link Senior Policy Officers (jobs.wa.gov.au) and provide the following in Word or PDF format:
- A comprehensive and up to date CV that details your experience relevant to this opportunity;
- A cover letter and two (2) page summary addressing the work-related requirements in the position description.
- Two (2) referees (one preferred to be a current supervisor or recent manager)
At the time of applying applicants must have documentary evidence of entitlement to live and work in Australia for the duration of the employment opportunity.
The email address you provide will be used to communicate with you during and after the recruitment and selection process. At the time of applying applicants must have documentary evidence of entitlement to live and work in Australia for the duration of the employment opportunity.
Applicants are advised of the recently announced mandatory vaccination policy for a majority of occupations and workforces in WA. This will be introduced in a phased approach and more information can be found at Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for WA workforces (www.wa.gov.au).
For technical difficulties while applying online or information about the application process, please contact us for assistance on (08) 6364 6613 or at firstname.lastname@example.org – email address not to be used for submission of applications.
We use the National Relay Service (NRS) to ensure we are accessible to people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment. NRS can help you connect with us on:
- TTY/voice calls – 133 677
- Speak & Listen – 1300 555 727
- SMS relay – 0423 677 767
If you have any access needs that may require adjustment to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, including alternate methods of communication, or to request a document in an alternative format please contact us at email@example.com or on (08) 6364 6613.
This process may be used to fill similar vacancies that may arise within DWER and across the WA public sector over the next twelve (12) months. Vacancies may be full-time or part-time, permanent or fixed term with possibility of extension or permanency in a variety of metropolitan and regional locations.
Applicants found suitable but not recommended for this vacancy may be considered for subsequent vacancies in accordance with Part 5 (General Appointment) of Commissioner's Instruction 2: Filling a Public Sector Vacancy.
CLOSING DATE: 4pm, Tuesday 25 January 2022 (Australia Western Standard Time)
Applications that are in progress or submitted after the closing time will not be accepted.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Jan 2022
- WA - Joondalup Dc
- $103,966 - $114,590
- Work Type:
- Full Time