The primary purpose of the role is to provide expert advice to the organisation and undertake specific research to improve medical, health and fitness standards and policies in all areas of operation to reduce the level and severity of injury, number of non-operational Police and early retirements.
This includes ensuring that evidence based medical and physical standards are assigned to all positions, for entry and continuation purposes.
The position undertakes specific research into key organisational issues impacting on the health of staff.
CLOSING DATE: SUNDAY 4 JUNE 2017 at 11.59pm
- Police Medical Officer - Workforce Safety, Surry Hills
- Permanent Part-Time up to 14 hours (2 days) per week
- Surry Hills
This is a readvertised position. Previous applicants will need to reapply.
This position is part-time, working 14 hours (2 days) per week. Salary will be paid at the pro-rata rate.
To be eligible to apply for this permanent position, you must meet one of the following status:
- be registered as a medical practitioner in NSW
- be a qualified and recognised as an Occupational Physician;
- Please note: consideration will be given to vocationally registered GP's with a demonstrated interest in occupational medicine.
- hold a current driver’s licence with no traffic offences recorded on their driving history within the last six (6) months or NSW Police Force Bronze Certification.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- an Australian Citizen
- a permanent Australian resident or citizen of New Zealand
For your application to be considered, you must:
Please do not attach copies of Qualifications, Certificates, or documentation (other than a Resume/CV) to your application - you can bring these with you, if selected for interview.
- Give written responses addressing each of the selection criteria using the text boxes provided in the online application.
- Attach an up-to-date Resume/CV to your application.
The successful applicant will be subject to a rigorous National Police Check (criminal history) prior to commencement and will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force at the level appropriate to the position held and/or information/data accessed. For further information click here
Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the I Work for NSW website.
To view or download the Position Description click here