- Department for Health and Wellbeing, Health Regulation and Protection, Communicable Disease Control Branch, Infection Control
- Salary: $113,983-$118,808 - RN/M4 - Full Time / Ongoing Appointment
The Infection Control Nurse Advisor contributes to the prevention of health care associated infection in South Australia by:
- providing expert advice on matters pertaining to infection prevention and control to the SA Department of Health and Wellbeing, other government departments, and infection control coordinators in a variety of clinical and community settings.
- providing high level statewide leadership by ensuring the provision of best practice infection prevention and control policies and guidelines, that are consistent with national and international guidelines and standards; and
- collaborating with other healthcare professionals in the investigation of outbreaks of infectious diseases in healthcare settings, and incidents involving significant breaches in clinical practice.
The Infection Control Nurse Advisor also contributes to the development and implementation of national infection control policy, standards and guidelines through membership of relevant national committees and expert working groups.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 707340
707340 - Infection Control Nurse Advisor - Job Pack.pdf
Applications close: 11 Oct 2019 11:55 PM Cen. Australia Daylight Time