Cleantech Conversations: NCTCE Free Webinar Series - How are local government sustainability leaders preparing for the 'next normal'?
Cleantech Conversations: NCTCE Free Webinar Series - How are local government sustainability leaders preparing for the ‘next normal’?
Thursday 28 May 2020
12.30pm - 1.30pm AEST
How are local government sustainability leaders preparing for the ‘next normal’?
The COVID19 pandemic, along with the summer bushfires and floods, has highlighted that healthy and resilient cities, communities and societies are more important than ever. As attention turns to the post-pandemic phase, what role will SDG projects play in local government recovery plans?
This webinar will discuss:
- Are these crises presenting an opportunity to rebuild or reboot in a sustainable way helping to make sustainable development become a priority for local government?
- With local government resources being stretched across two significant crises, how has this altered future planning?
- Has the disruption enabled councils to undertake projects they wouldn’t normally do and/or bring shovel ready projects forward?
- As the health crisis disrupts and is taking precedence, how are local government sustainability leaders grappling with the prospect of SDG projects losing momentum and taking a backseat to the COVID19 response?
- What are the local communities asking for right now?
Tracie Armstrong, Senior Program Manager, Climate Response, Knox City Council
- Tina Perfrement, Business and Industry Engagement, Economic Development and Events, City of Greater Geelong
- Cr Declan Clausen, Deputy Lord Mayor, City of Newcastle
- Troy McGrath, Senior Manager, Market Development, CitySmart Brisbane
- Scott Breust, Industry Advancement Lead - Clean Technologies and Advanced Manufacturing, Sunshine Coast Council